Did you know a recent Americans are some of the most stressed out people in the world?
There is no doubt stress is hard to avoid and actually a little stress can be good for you. However constant stress or anxiety can have an adverse effect on your health.
Chronic stress has a corrosive effect on the brain that can, later in life, manifest itself as depression, dementia and overall impaired function.
Other health problems caused by acute stress include high blood pressure, fatigue, insomnia, obesity and heart disease.
This isn’t even mentioning what it does to your productivity and personal relationships.
So what are we supposed to do? While there are many things you can do like journaling, meditation, decluttering, etc. Below we look at the easiest and quickest way to calm yourself.
Deep breathing is one of the best ways to lower stress in the body. This is because when you breathe deeply, it sends a message to your brain to calm down and relax.
The brain then sends this message to your body. Those things that happen when you are stressed, such as increased heart rate, fast breathing, and high blood pressure, all decrease as you breathe deeply to relax.
The way you breathe affects your whole body. Breathing exercises are a good way to relax, reduce tension, and relieve stress.
Breathing exercises are easy to learn. You can do them whenever you want, and you don’t need any special tools or equipment to do them.
Belly breathing is easy to do and very relaxing. Try this basic exercise anytime you need to relax or relieve stress.
– Sit or lie flat in a comfortable position.
– Put one hand on your belly just below your ribs and the other hand on your chest.
– Take a deep breath in through your nose, and let your belly push your hand out. Your chest should not move.
– Breathe out through pursed lips as if you were whistling. Feel the hand on your belly go in, and use it to push all the air out.
– Do this breathing 3 to 10 times. Take your time with each breath.
Poor circulation? General Muscle Pain, or Soreness?
Our latest Hy-Impact Deep Tissue Impact Massager is for you!
Discounted 50 Percent For Third Age Skin Care Readers
Watch the Video or Order Here
This exercise also uses belly breathing to help you relax. You can do this exercise either sitting or lying down.
– To start, put one hand on your belly and the other on your chest as in the belly breathing exercise.
– Take a deep, slow breath from your belly, and silently count to 4 as you breathe in.
– Hold your breath, and silently count from 1 to 7.
– Breathe out completely as you silently count from 1 to 8. Try to get all the air out of your lungs by the time you count to 8.
– Repeat 3 to 7 times or until you feel calm.
- Try this exercise when you first get up in the morning to relieve muscle stiffness and clear clogged breathing passages. Then use it throughout the day to relieve back tension.
– From a standing position, bend forward from the waist with your knees slightly bent, letting your arms dangle close to the floor.
– As you inhale slowly and deeply, return to a standing position by rolling up slowing, lifting your head last.
– Hold your breath for just a few seconds in this standing position.
– Exhale slowly as you return to the original position, bending forward from the waist.
Christmas Face Masks Are HERE!
Designer Masks at Discount Prices
There are many more breathing techniques out there like Roll Breathing, Box Breathing and more.
What is extremely important is to notice how you feel after doing any of these exercises. You should feel better. However some may feel a bit dizzy and if that is the case you need to slow your breathing down.
STOP wasting time and money on cosmetics.
Just FIVE items will have your looking and feeling your best…
Third Age Skin Care Promise? Love our products or YOUR MONEY BACK!
We invite you to explore Third Age Skin Care.