So I got 17 out of 20 correct. A couple I “knew” but just flat out couldn’t remember. The minute I heard it I was “Oh Yeah, how could I forget that!”
Test for us ‘Older Kids’1. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, “Who was that masked man?” Invariably, someone would answer, “I don’t know, but he left this behind.” What did he leave behind? __ _______ _______.
Answer: The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on The ____ ___________ Show.
Answer: The Ed Sullivan Show
3. ‘Get your kicks __ _________ _______.’ (You need all 3 words.)
Answer: On Route 66
4. ‘The story you are about to see is true.
The names have been changed to _____ _ _____.
Answer: protect the innocent.
5. ‘In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ____ ____ ____ ____.’
Answer: The Lion Sleeps Tonight
6. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we ‘danced’ under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the ‘_____.’
Answer: The Limbo
7. Nestles makes the very best….’ _________.’
8. Satchmo was America ‘s ‘Ambassador of Goodwill.’ Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.
Answer: Louis Armstrong
9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______.
Answer: The Timex watch
10. Red Skeleton’s hobo character was named ______ ___ ________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, ‘Good Night, and ‘________________ . ‘
Answer: Freddy, The Freeloader and ‘Good Night and God Bless.’
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their ______ _______.
Answer: Draft cards (Bras were also burned by “feminists,” to protest women being “second class citizens.” Flags were not burned, as some have guessed.)
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ___ & _______.
Answer: Beetle or Bug
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, “The day the music died.” This was a tribute to _______ ____________. (Omitted here but still part of the tribute were The Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens.)
Answer: Buddy Holly
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called __________.
15. One of the big fads of the late 50’s and 60’s was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the ______ _____ .
16. Remember LS/MFT _____ _____/_____ _____ _____?
Answer: Lucky Strike/Means Fine Tobacco
17. Hey Kids! What time is it? It’s _____ ______ _____!
Answer: Howdy Doody Time
18. Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? Only The _____ Knows!
19. There was a song that came out in the 60’s that was “a grave yard smash”. Its name was the ______ ______!
Answer: Monster Mash
20. Alka Seltzer used a “boy with a tablet on his head” as its Logo/Representative – What was the boy’s name? ________
To get the Answers Visit Here